26 March 2009

Trailer: Taking Woodstock

Duly following up on my previous posts on Ang Lee's upcoming adaptation of the book Taking Woodstock: A True Story of a Riot, a Concert, and a Life, written by Elliot Tiber with Tom Monte, (see here and here), I bring you now the first released trailer (below) for the film, abridgingly entitled Taking Woodstock and featuring among others Emile Hirsche, Imelda Staunton, and Liev Schreiber. By my reaction, the trailer paints an entirely different image of the piece than that which I had originally imagined myself, but it nevertheless should become an interesting work and at very least one of the reviewed films here this year, at A Year in Film, when it is released later in 2009. Until then, updates on the film, as well as whatever additional previews that may be released, will surely be found here. So stay tuned.


No comments: