24 July 2009

Trailers: Alice in Wonderland (2010) and Tron Legacy


I am so(!) excited to be posting the trailer for Tim Burton's latest fairy-tale renovation/reimagination/realization, Alice in Wonderland (2010). I could not think of a better project for him than that classically fantastical story; and, as I did for his filmic realization of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), I applaud his adherence to the original text rather than to the perhaps better-known previous filmic adaptation (i. e. here, Alice in Wonderland [1951]). So far the work looks beautiful, and I expect Danny Elfman is toiling away somewhere, composing a wonderfully original score (unlike the music in the trailer, which is slantedly expropriated from Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events [2004] and others). Still the work is in progress, I suppose, but it's too terribly exciting not to want it to be complete already.


The other trailer that I wish to share with you is that for Tron Legacy (2010), and I wish to share it not because I've ever been an ardent fan of the original Tron (1982) - it was a bit before my time - but rather because it looks to be a potentially seriously interesting - at least visually so - film that appears to be able to rely on image alone, if the trailer be any indication, to tell its story: in my book, an automatic bravo. So, enjoy the possibility while it endures; for, if history be any guide, the final film will be a sore disappointment, despite however stylistically edgy it may be:

No comments: