25 February 2008

Post "The Big Night": Oscars 2008

I don't really have much to say about this year's Academy Awards; most of the ceremony went as was expected (e. g., Daniel Day-Lewis, Javier Bardem, Joel & Ethan Coen, Diablo Cody, even Tilda Swinton) and, the few times when it didn't (e. g., cinematography, visual effects), those nominees who probably should have won (e. g., Roger Deakins, the team from Transformers) don't really need golden statuettes to validate their works or their talents. The only comments I do want to make are words of congratulations to those nominees from tonight whose wins showed the Academy really getting it right - which is most definitely something to acknowledge - ahem, CrashRobertoBenigniChicagoCharlizeTheronHappyFeetJamieFoxxCrash, ahem - sorry, something in my craw. Anyway, back to the kudos: Congratulations are well due to Christopher Rouse (Editing), Suzie Templeton and Hugh Welchman (Animated Short), and Marion Cotillard (Actress in a Leading Role!), who looked beautiful and whose win made the night for me.

So close a Year in Film (2007); so open a Year in Film (2008). I'm excited! Are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.