20 January 2010

Quote: On Screen-Writing

I ran across this quote earlier today, while I was trolling the hillocks of film-land, and I thought it smart enough to warrant reposting here:

Writing screenplays must be a bizarre practice, as if building a sturdy enough skeleton that will one day be able to sprout the efficient internal organs and developed musculature of great filmmaking and contain the throbbing heart and stunning facial features of great actors. (Nathaniel Rogers of The Film Experience, 19 January 2010)
Though I hesitate to fully share Mr. Roger's subsequent views on this year's screenplays, I admire his personal conception of the screenplay (as stated here) and admire his stated reasons for his subsequent views, despite my own personal opinions at variance to the contrary. In short, "throbbing heart" = apt description.

No comments: