10 June 2009

Trailers: Shutter Island and The Road

Two new trailers, for what could be late-year heavy-hitters, were released today for Martin Scorcese's Shutter Island, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Kingsley, Patricia Clarkson, and Michelle Williams (among others), and The Road, starring Viggo Mortensen as Cormac McCarthy's peregrine protagonist. About the former I don't quite know how to feel, as my primary instincts tell me to shun the feature to the locked door of B-level spooks, but then second glances remind me that there are such a good cast and crew, that perhaps this one, despite first appearances, may be more than just Mr. Scorcese-does-kitschy-horror. About the latter I have every confidence, that it will be a strong piece and an ever stronger vehicle for performance by Mr. Mortensen, who seems to shine in dramatic patriarchal rôles such as his in this in-October-to-be-released piece.

A review for Away We Go is expected later this weekend.

No comments: